On this episode of the Plan Simple Meals Podcast, I’m really excited to talk with Shay Hrobsky, a mompreneur with her own marketing company and two kids, who’s trying—like most of us—to find some kind of balance and getting ready to launch something help others with balance.
Shay explains how she left a job that caused her literally to pass out from stress, how working from home turned back into working too much, and how she finally started her own business. And then she talks about hitting the breaking point and cutting back to find what worked for her.
This year Shay’s core values are fun, transparency, community, being connected and cozy. She explains how she uses these as touch points throughout the year to make decisions about what she does. She asks questions like: Is this a part of one of the values that I have for this year? Is it going to move me towards my goal? Is it going to help? These kinds of practices are so important.
We talk about:
- Taking stock and how it helps us cut out the stuff that doesn’t matter
- Boundaries and being present with our kids
- Not being perfect and self-forgiveness meditation
- Letting our kids know that we love our work
- Gratitude practices, morning routines, and self-care—and what to do when you can’t get your routine in
- What to do when you can’t get your morning routine in
Shay Hrobsky is a hybrid biz-life coach. She specializes in mindset & personal growth, digital marketing and Facebook ads. She helps clients create a business that feels like home to them around their family and family time. She doesn’t like the word mompreneur, but she is an entrepreneur and a mom to two daughters.
Doable Changes from this episode:
- TAKE A WALK IN NATURE. We need to get outside and move our bodies. A walk in nature hits two at once. You may choose to meditate while you walk, listen to a podcast or your favorite music, or just get quiet. However you want to do it, try walking daily. See how it feels when you go by yourself and when you take your kids or family along.
- CREATE A MORNING ROUTINE. Shay describes her own morning routine, which includes meditation, journaling, and exercise. These are all great things to include in a morning routine, but the key is to find what you need to start your day right. Keep practicing your routine, even if you have to finish parts of it later in the day. Aim for all in the morning, but don’t beat yourself up when it doesn’t happen.
- SET CORE VALUES. Stop and think about what is really important to you. For Shay, this year, community is big, so she rules out activities that don’t connect her to community. Set your own core values to use as a filter for activities.
REALLY getting healthy as a family can be a big lifestyle change. But no matter how insurmountable it may feel, focusing on one doable change at a time can help you take small steps toward your big goal.
A healthy lifestyle is really made of lots of little things that when repeated regularly and added together over time make a huge impact on your life.
Choose one Doable Change every Sunday night — one thing that you are willing to play with for the week. The key is to keep it doable and fun! Write that thing on a sticky note or your phone so you remember it. Then put 3 things on your calendar that support it.
Choose from the changes above or download a list of 101 Doable Changes we made for you.
Join the Conversation
Listen & Read
We create shownotes for every episode, so you can easily skim content, get the resources, and download free printables.
Rate & Review
I try not to ask for much… but the more reviews we have, the more women can find us on iTunes. We have big goals of reaching one millions moms!!!! And we may even read your review on air…