On this episode of the Plan Simple Meals Podcast, I’m so excited to talk with entrepreneur Claire Pelletreau, who teaches online business owners how to use Facebook and Instagram effectively for their businesses and runs the Get Paid podcast. She’s also mom to a 3 ½-year-old.
Claire isn’t shy about talking to people about money. So we dive right in about money—making it, spending it, budgeting it, and how people are nervous about talking about it. Along with that, we talk about childcare, stay at home moms and working moms, breastfeeding, and the guilt and judgment involved.
We talk about:
- Choosing childcare that works for you and the outer or inner judgment about childcare
- Making friends and working as forms of self-care
- The pressure put on moms to breastfeed
- Making decisions for your business that move you toward bigger goals and the ones that work for the immediate situation
- Discomfort about talking about money and learning to deal with money
- Secondary infertility, depression, diet changes and how budgeting changed the mindset around IVF
Claire Pelletreau is an entrepreneur who teaches people how to run Facebook and Instagram ads for their businesses. She’s the founder of the Get Paid Podcast. She lives in Philadelphia with her three and a half-year-old daughter and her Argentine husband.
Doable Changes from this episode:
- OWN YOUR SELF-CARE. If you love your work and talking about work, own that. Let that be your self-care. If you feel like something else is fun or gives you joy, own that. Sometimes the definition of self-care is too narrow and we judge people for not taking care of themselves. We all have different kinds of self-care. Know what yours is.
- FIND YOUR PEOPLE. People who “get it” are so important. We get to talk to them about things we love or even do things we love with them. They help and support us in what we do. Think about who in your life supports you in the different parts of your life. Who supports you in your work? In your lifestyle? As a parent? In your healthy living? Often we have different people we turn to in different parts of our lives. Look for—and connect with—your people.
- DECIDE WHERE YOUR MONEY IS GOING. Whether you use YNAB or work on budgeting on your own, try this. Know how much money is coming in. If you are an entrepreneur and it isn’t regular, start tracking so that you can see how much comes in and when and maybe notice trends. Then decide ahead of time where your money is going to go.
Join the Conversation
Listen & Read
We create shownotes for every episode, so you can easily skim content, get the resources, and download free printables.
Rate & Review
I try not to ask for much… but the more reviews we have, the more women can find us on iTunes. We have big goals of reaching one millions moms!!!! And we may even read your review on air…