On this episode of the Plan Simple Meals Podcast, I’m really excited because we’re starting a new series that we’re calling “Well Planned.” I have my friend Megan Flatt, an expert planner and business coach to Mama CEOs here with me for this 10 week series.
We have similar planning ideas, but I tend to focus more on food and lifestyle, while Megan tends to focus more on business. What I’ve found is that no matter what issue you are dealing with, you usually need a holistic approach, so we’re bringing our perspectives together.
This week we talk about 90 day cycles or seasons and why 90 days is the ideal amount of time for a plan.
We talk about:
- The importance of recognizing the different seasons, big transitions, and energy shifts in our lives and how 90 day cycles honors those
- Using 90 day planning to focus now — and set goals for later
- The refreshing idea that you can start a new 90 days anytime—and your 90 day cycles can even overlap some (in a way that feels helpful, not overwhelming)
- The difference between dreams and goals and projects
- Starting with how you want to feel and then aligning what you do with that
- Doing a braindump and then organizing all the idea about things you want to do
Megan Flatt is a Mama CEO and a business growth strategist. She’s been working with clients for years to create strategic growth plans in their business that allow them to scale while still being present for the important moments in their families’ lives. She shows Mama CEOs with big vision and great ideas how to get those big CEO ideas into a day-by-day plan where they actually happen.
Questions for Mia and Megan?
- Go to plansimplemeals.com/ask. Click the play button and record your question.
- Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Doable Changes from this episode:
- DO A BRAIN DUMP. Megan and I both agree in the magic of getting things down on paper. If you are feeling overwhelmed or ready to create a plan, start with a brain dump of all the things you want/need to do. You can write each one on a separate Post-it note, do this on the Master List pages in your FLOW planner or just do it on paper. Once it’s all down, you can start to see which ideas are for now and which can wait for another 90 day cycle
- TURN A GOAL INTO A PROJECT. Goals are big and overarching and sometimes we get stuck because we put a goal onto our To Do list. Try turning a goal into a project and then breaking it down into action steps. For example, maybe you want to break out of overwhelm or feel more spacious. One project to help you get there is to clean out the basement. Then you can break that down into action steps or tasks: Schedule one day a week to work on the project. Go through one bin each day. Drop off donations and trash, etc.
- CHOOSE YOUR FOCUS. One of the beautiful things about 90-day cycles is that they can start any time. What if your 90 days starts now? Choose what you will focus on in the next 90 days. I like to pick one focus for each of these areas: Food, Lifestyle, Om (spirituality and selfcare), and Work. The goal is to narrow your ideas down and focus on one thing per area so that you can really get it done (instead of being overwhelmed or scattered by all the things you could do.
Join the Conversation
Listen & Read
We create shownotes for every episode, so you can easily skim content, get the resources, and download free printables.
Rate & Review
I try not to ask for much… but the more reviews we have, the more women can find us on iTunes. We have big goals of reaching one millions moms!!!! And we may even read your review on air…