On this episode of the Plan Simple Meals Podcast, I’m really excited to talk with Jill Hope, the founder of I Shine, a family coaching practice. She’s mom to a son, but her work has brought her to focus on helping women who want to find their passion and/or raise raising empowered girls.
On the podcast, Jill describes what an empowered girl looks like. She makes decisions based on how she feels. She follows her passion and her joy. She actually knows what she’s passionate about because she’s really connected to who she actually is. She is not afraid to take healthy risks. She is confident about who she is.
According to Jill, one of the big things we need to do — women, men, girls, and boys — is awaken to our divine feminine energy. We all need to be able to fully express ourselves.
We talk about:
- How parents can help their kids by self-reflecting, asking the right questions and giving yourself space to hear the answers
- How place in the family can affect kids
- The power of having trust and a vision of what you want
- Looking at your own thinking around whatever challenges your daughter is facing
- Using your passion to guide all decisions or choices
- Why we tolerate things we don’t want—and how to stop
- How your whole life gets better when you look at what’s within you
Jill Hope is a globally selling author, motivational speaker, and founder of I Shine, a family coaching practice located in Chicago. Her life’s mission is to help busy moms and their kids create clarity, fulfillment, passion, and purpose. As a part of her mission, Jill works with schools and local community organizations to mentor kids and teens, as well as provide schools around the world with her Inner Wellness Curriculum for kids in grades 3 through 5 (ages 8-11).
- Jill’s January Challenge
- Five Keys To Raise Empowered Girls
- The Passion Test
- Nina Manolson on the podcast
- Podcast with Michael Thompson
Doable Changes from this episode:
- SELF-REFLECT ON ISSUES. If you are dealing with an issue with your kids, look to your own experience first. Ask questions like: Where have I felt this way in my own life? What would I have to be believing that would have this be true for my daughter right now? Ask questions and make space to hear the answers. See where your experience might be affecting your perception.
- CULTIVATE A VISION. Start with a vision of what you want. If that’s hard, begin by identifying what is happening that you don’t like. Look to the opposite of that for your vision. Having a vision of what you want is the first step to stopping setting and beginning to having a life you love.
- WRITE IT DOWN. Try writing every day as a way to work through things. You can uncover deep insights and pull stuff out of your heart and out of your soul when you write it down.
Join the Conversation
Listen & Read
We create shownotes for every episode, so you can easily skim content, get the resources, and download free printables.
Rate & Review
I try not to ask for much… but the more reviews we have, the more women can find us on iTunes. We have big goals of reaching one millions moms!!!! And we may even read your review on air…