On this episode of the Plan Simple Meals Podcast, I’m really excited to talk with Marie Claire, an energy coach for experts, author, speaker, and certified raw food coach about raw food and reigniting our energy.
We talk about three main problems that lead to disease: toxicity, undernourishment through overeating, and trauma. Marie Claire believes that every problem holds a solution, so by finding the main problem in disease, we can find a solution. When you are toxic, you need to detox. When you dehydrated, you need to hydrate. When you have experienced trauma, you have to process the trauma.
When you start eating a plant-based diet, you cut out a lot of toxins and additives that are made to get you hooked on foods. You start infusing your body with intact vitamin, minerals, and enzymes. It’s incredibly effective in a short time. Maybe going plant-based or eating healthy every day feels impossible. Marie Claire’s clients often say that too … but change is possible. We dive into that.
We also talk about:
- The challenges of eating out and ingredients to watch out for
- How to eat healthy when with family or friends
- Boosting your immune system before travel and other travel tips
- Digestive enzymes to optimize digestion
- How it is easier to stay miserable than to change and how to deal with the mindset
Marie Claire, an energy coach for experts, authors and speakers. She’s a certified raw food coach who started her own business after 50. (You wouldn’t know to look at her that she’s 61.) After getting diagnosed with 6 different diseases, being paralyzed and in pain, she was treated and sent home, still feeling terrible, and told to take an antidepressant. That’s when she discovered raw food. After 10 days going raw, she was surprised to notice she had no pain. Three months later, the diagnosis of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome were wiped away. She felt like she was given a fresh start and began her business Ravishing Raw. She later rebranded as Energy for Experts and helps busy professionals and women entrepreneurs make changes that lead to increased energy and health.
Doable Changes from this episode:
- START THE DAY WITH A GREEN SMOOTHIE. For seven days, replace your first morning coffee with a green smoothie. You may be resistant, but commit to it and notice how it feels.
- SET UP SYSTEMS. Your system could be to make a batch of green smoothies for the week or to set up four days worth of salad on Sunday. The system saves you time (it’s quicker to batch prep than to prep each day). It takes away the excuse, “I don’t have time” when it comes to making breakfast or lunch. And it means you don’t have to decide each and every time to make the healthy choice. You set yourself up for success.
- BRING A HEALTHY TREAT. If you are going to a party or dinner, bring something that you know you can eat and enjoy … a fabulous salad with homemade dressing, a raw dessert, beet tip with cucumbers … check out the Plan Simple Meals recipes for ideas. Bring enough to share and get over the mindset that you are “different” by eating the way that makes you feel fabulous.
Join the Conversation
Listen & Read
We create shownotes for every episode, so you can easily skim content, get the resources, and download free printables.
Rate & Review
I try not to ask for much… but the more reviews we have, the more women can find us on iTunes. We have big goals of reaching one millions moms!!!! And we may even read your review on air…