On this episode of the Plan Simple Podcast, I’m so excited to talk with my friend, and shaman, Julie Hannon about how to bring more OM into your life.
If you’ve followed my FLOW planner process, you know that the OM refers to the quiet spaces between the busyness—downtime, meditation, unstructured afternoons, walks in nature, a yoga class, journaling, reading, bedtime routines, healing rituals, self-care, and planning. We often put these things on our list, but not on our schedule. Julie and I talk about how and why it is so important to make them part of our daily life.
We dive into seasons, contracting, and how things show up just as they are meant to be. Julie talks about intention and trusting that things are going to unfold perfectly.There’s so much good stuff here.
We talk about:
- A simple breathing practice that can change your day
- How a gratitude practice counteracts the fear that surrounds us
- Listening to what your soul needs (even when it isn’t logical)
- Knowing where your nectar is in the day (how do you connect to your spirit?)
- Creating ceremonies to feed a deep craving for ceremonial space that we all have
- Reconnecting with your intuition
- Julie leads a brief mediation
Julie Hannon is a shamanic healer and teacher. She is committed to helping people discover their self, their joy, and the beauty in life. She is passionate about connecting with people and helping each and every one discover their own special strengths and gifts. She works with people to remove barriers to possibilities. She bring diverse training and multiple certifications in energy work and yoga to her work, along with more than twenty years professional experience as a human resources director, where she worked with executives, teams, organizations, and individuals, leading them on a journey of discovery and successful transformations. Throughout her work, she has been a professional facilitator and teacher, moderating, leading groups and creating programs and retreats.
Doable Changes from this episode:
- BREATHE. Lay your hands on your heart and breathe into that space and then breathe out. Start to follow your breath and observe your breath in and out of your heart space. Really see in your heart for a little bit. Give yourself the gift of six slow inhales and slow exhales every day in and out of your heart.
- FIND YOUR NECTAR. When you set up your planner or to do list for the day, ask yourself, “What’s the one thing I’m gonna do for myself?” Make sure there is something sweet, something just for you on there, every single day.
- CREATE A SIMPLE CEREMONY. Julie offers the example of having a book of earth prayers on the table and having somebody choose one blessing to read before dinner. It could be lighting a candle and breathing before you start your work for the day. It can be simple, but intentional to create a special space.
REALLY getting healthy as a family can be a big lifestyle change. But no matter how insurmountable it may feel, focusing on one doable change at a time can help you take small steps toward your big goal.
A healthy lifestyle is really made of lots of little things that when repeated regularly and added together over time make a huge impact on your life.
Choose one Doable Change every Sunday night — one thing that you are willing to play with for the week. The key is to keep it doable and fun! Write that thing on a sticky note or your phone so you remember it. Then put 3 things on your calendar that support it.
Choose from the changes above or download a list of 101 Doable Changes we made for you.
Join the Conversation
Listen & Read
We create shownotes for every episode, so you can easily skim content, get the resources, and download free printables.
Rate & Review
I try not to ask for much… but the more reviews we have, the more women can find us on iTunes. We have big goals of reaching one millions moms!!!! And we may even read your review on air…