On this episode of the Plan Simple Meals Podcast, I’m really excited to talk with Star Staubach, the mom of three kids, 8, 6, and 3, and she runs the business Ignite Radiance , working with women who are dedicated to creating change in their lives and in their businesses.
Star talks about a point in her business when asked about her goals all she could think was to run away. She just needed a break. And opportunities appeared. Star says we all have these rules about budget and what our husband’s needs are or our families, and we need to suspend those sometimes and allow ourselves to dream.
We talk a lot about manifesting and receiving. I love this quote, “There are desires within us that we are scared to even say out loud and the first course of action is just be still and allow yourself to hear that space.” As moms, especially, it is so easy to put our desires aside or fear what they will do to our families, but we can desire and receive.
We talk about:
- surrounding yourself with people you feel safe around who can hold your vision
- manifesting and not seeing signs all around us
- saying yes to possibility, enjoying a dream and opening to receiving
- that manifesting and receiving isn’t selfish
- asking for help to get what we need—like getting a babysitter so you can go out and play with a friend
- surrendering things on our to do list to make space
Star Staubach is an Energy Transformation Strategist. She’s been supporting clients to transform their lives and businesses for nearly a decade. In her Bad Ass Manifestation (BAM) parties, she teaches powerful, practical and easy tools to support you to open yourself to what is possible, beyond the confines of the rules that you think you have to live by.
Doable Changes from this episode:
- STATE YOUR DESIRES. What do you really want? Transformation started for Star when she said out loud that she wanted a break. Get past the fear and the judgement and the “shoulds” and the “can’ts.”Just say your desire, whether it is a trip to Paris, a bra that fits, or an hour to nap.
- ASK FOR HELP. Put it out there what you need. Be willing to let somebody help. If you aren’t used to asking for help or receiving and this feels hard, make small ask: Can you watch my kids for half an hour so I can walk alone? Can you pick up milk for me while you are at the store? Hire a babysitter for the afternoon just to have some time to yourself. See that it’s OK. Get used to putting your needs forward and asking for and receiving help.
- LET GO OF PERFECTION. When you start to feel like your life doesn’t measure up in some moment—your dinner isn’t Insta worthy, the project you did with your kids is just a big mess in your house not Pinterest worthy, you screamed at your kids or they didn’t eat their veggies—take a breath, say “Wait a minute. This is real.” Remember that all that stuff online and in the parenting blogs, it’s edited and selected out of messy lives just like yours. Breathe, accept what is, remember that you are doing fine.
REALLY getting healthy as a family can be a big lifestyle change. But no matter how insurmountable it may feel, focusing on one doable change at a time can help you take small steps toward your big goal.
A healthy lifestyle is really made of lots of little things that when repeated regularly and added together over time make a huge impact on your life.
Choose one Doable Change every Sunday night — one thing that you are willing to play with for the week. The key is to keep it doable and fun! Write that thing on a sticky note or your phone so you remember it. Then put 3 things on your calendar that support it.
Choose from the changes above or download a list of 101 Doable Changes we made for you.
If you are as psyched as I am to grow veggies on a patio this summer and indoors all winter, you are going to want to check this out! I have watched friends have these for years, and am so excited to have my own! (Psssst… There are amazing curriculums that have been created by the company, to make these a no brainer for schools too!) Read more here, or contact, email@example.com to learn more, and set up a free 20 minute phone Q and A.
Join the Conversation
Listen & Read
We create shownotes for every episode, so you can easily skim content, get the resources, and download free printables.
Rate & Review
I try not to ask for much… but the more reviews we have, the more women can find us on iTunes. We have big goals of reaching one millions moms!!!! And we may even read your review on air…