On this episode of the Plan Simple Meals Podcast, I’m so excited to talk with JB Owens. She calls herself an Extraordinary Lifestyle Designer and her most rewarding work is helping women transition from doing what they have to, to doing what they love. She’s a megapreneur with a lot of businesses. (She even helped me bring the FLOW planner to life!) Even though she has so much going on she doesn’t seem scattered.
She doesn’t see anything as impossible. When she sees an idea from somebody, she starts asking questions like, “How do we get that done? What do you need me to do? What are the steps to make that happen?” And I love that she helps other women learn to overcome what feels impossible.
She shares part of her journey from abusive relationships to single mom to taking charge of her life and becoming a megapreneur. The biggest take away was that she didn’t listen to buy into the stereotypes that others want her to fit into. She decided she didn’t have to go on government support just because she should; she decided that a single mom could travel the world—and so much more.
We talk about:
- Her line of non-toxic, reusable feminine products
- Her morning routine that starts and 4 and includes meditation, journaling, a run, and writing (and knowing that you don’t have to do what somebody else is doing—you need to do what works for you)
- Putting the thing you don’t want to do at the top of your list.
- Getting dressed for work so that you can be your best
- The importance of boundaries—and of getting back to your practice when you decide to bend them
- Getting quiet so you can hear your answers (meditation works, but so do a lot of other things)—and the answer she heard to take her kids and travel for the year to teach them about the world and other cultures and community
- Learning to pull from your own well
- Changing work into fun as a way to do all the things you want to and her hack of asking every morning, “What’s gonna make me happy today?”
JB Owen is passionate about inspiring women to believe in their dreams and become the fullest expression of themselve. Her LIVE EXCEPTIONAL brand is all about teaching others how to be their exceptional selves. It inspired JB’s vision behind her global movement Lotusté, designed to encourage women to honor and respect one another by supporting each other in their own success. It motivated JB’s to design the most comfortable, fashionable, washable feminine product on the planet, called Lotus Liners. She is mom to a 13 year old and a 10 year old and is currently writing two parenting books.
- LX rated
- Facebook: JB Owen personal page
- Facebook:JB Owen official page
- Instagram: JB Owen – Live Exceptional
- Instagram: Build You Billion Dollar
- Finding Love
- The FLOW Planner
Doable Changes from this episode:
- EAT THE FROG. What’s the thing you don’t want to do today? (It might be the thing you’ve moved from list to list to list because you keep not wanting to do it.) Put that at the top of your list, and don’t do anything else until you’re done. The goal here isn’t to put a huge project at the top of your list, but to put a task that you are dreading there so that you stop avoiding it and wasting mental space on it.
- PICK ONE THING THAT WILL MAKE YOU HAPPY. Each morning, ask yourself, “What will make me happy today?” Write it down. This helps in a few ways: One, you learn that you’re valuable. Two, you get the endorphins you need to understand what happiness feels like because you deserve it. Three, when you do it again and again, it builds your happiness muscle.
- GET BACK TO YOUR PRACTICE. So many of us stop doing something that we love or that really serves us—our morning routine or our exercise or eating the food that our body loves. We miss a day because we are tired or sick or it’s a holiday, and then we stop. Boundaries can have some give to them if we know how to get back to our practice. What is one thing you had been doing and stopped, not because it didn’t serve you but because you got off track? Commit to doing that today (or if it’s a morning routine, commit to tomorrow.)
Join the Conversation
Listen & Read
We create shownotes for every episode, so you can easily skim content, get the resources, and download free printables.
Rate & Review
I try not to ask for much… but the more reviews we have, the more women can find us on iTunes. We have big goals of reaching one millions moms!!!! And we may even read your review on air…