The first realization you have to have is nobody is going to make time for you in your schedule to work on your passions. – Kerry Connelly
On this episode of the Plan Simple Podcast, I’m really excited to talk with Kerry Connelly who calls herself “writer, speaker, coach, Jesus freak (of the progressive sort).” She’s hard to put into a box, but she is somebody who gets the idea of FLOW. You’re going to love hearing what she has to share about all areas of FLOW, but especially the Om, or spirituality part.
Kerry is passionate about helping women take those leaps into the unknown—or said better reconnecting with the voice inside that is our gift to the world. She helps women identify their gift, what they do that is going to help other people.
We talk about her book Pause and how we—all of us, busy moms, hard-working entrepreneurs, those still in corporate—can pause to make time for the things that really matter to us.
We talk about:
- Time, and how even if it doesn’t feel like it, it is the only resource that is completely and 100% in your control.
- Learning to budget your time the way you budget your money
- Working in 90-day sprints
- Choosing the 3 most important things and putting those into our planner first
- How allow ourselves to dream and then take action, even if we aren’t exactly sure what our goal or dream is gives us more clarity that helps us keep moving
- Simple things anybody can do to set yourself up for a win
Kerry Connelly is an emerging voice in the world of progressive Christianity, a sought-after speaker and coach, and an author. Kerry has over twenty-five years of business experience in corporate, non-profit, and direct sales arenas, and she brings that experience to her coaching clients, her writing, and her speaking.
- Kerry’s website
- Kerry’s blog JerseyGirlJesus
- Kerry’s most popular post: Excuse Me, Your Idols Are Showing
- Kerry’s podcast
- Joy Revolt!
- Kerry’s book PAUSE: Making Time To Walk With God
Doable Changes from this episode:
- CHOOSE YOUR PRIORITIES. The first step to making time for your priorities is knowing what they are. While it can feel like everything is important, choose 3 priorities to focus on and put first for the next 90 days. Try to choose 2 that are related to wellness or a passion project, something other than work/business.
- SCHEDULE YOUR PRIORITIES FIRST. If eating healthy is a priority, mark off time to make a salad for lunch. Literally put it in your planner before anything else. You might need to schedule time for grocery shopping or to go to the farmers market. If being active is a priority, put your morning walk and your exercise class on your schedule before you start making other appointments.
- SET YOURSELF UP FOR A WIN. What little thing can you do to set yourself up for a win? Do you need to have a notebook and pen with you at all times to jot down brilliant ideas? Do you need phone numbers for sales calls in case you are stuck someplace? Is it something as simple as putting your keys in the right place or putting your exercise clothes out so you are ready for class in the morning.
REALLY getting healthy as a family can be a big lifestyle change. But no matter how insurmountable it may feel, focusing on one doable change at a time can help you take small steps toward your big goal.
A healthy lifestyle is really made of lots of little things that when repeated regularly and added together over time make a huge impact on your life.
Choose one Doable Change every Sunday night — one thing that you are willing to play with for the week. The key is to keep it doable and fun! Write that thing on a sticky note or your phone so you remember it. Then put 3 things on your calendar that support it.
Choose from the changes above or download a list of 101 Doable Changes we made for you.
Join the Conversation
Listen & Read
We create shownotes for every episode, so you can easily skim content, get the resources, and download free printables.
Rate & Review
I try not to ask for much… but the more reviews we have, the more women can find us on iTunes. We have big goals of reaching one millions moms!!!! And we may even read your review on air…