On this episode of the Plan Simple Meals Podcast, I’m so excited to talk with Lindsey Goldwasser, a holistic health advocate, wellness educator, and energy expert (because who doesn’t need more energy?).
Lindsey got into health coaching as a result of a combination of serious health issues (turns out she had a parasite) and completing yoga teacher training. She felt more grounded through mindful movement, and that led her to more mindful and clean eating. We talk about moving from emotional eating to mindful eating.
We also get into a topic that fascinates me—essential oils. I’ve talked with a number of people about essential oils, and Lindsey talks about them specifically related to emotional eating (along with other uses).
We talk about:
- Muscle testing as a tool to figure out what you should be eating or not eating
- Staying hydrated to help stop emotional eating
- Getting curious about what we really want to eat
- Bringing food that you want to eat to parties
- Saying no and dealing with holiday parties as an introvert
- Using essential oils to destress and fight depression
Lindsey Goldwasser is a holistic health coach, wellness educator, and energy expert (in addition to your biggest cheerleader and accountability partner). She is also a yoga/meditation instructor, and indigo dye business owner in Arlington, VA. Lindsey works with motivated women and men striving for more balance, more energy, and more healthy habits during everyday life struggles, as opposed to surrendering to stress and digestive issues. By coaching others through lifestyle shifts, nutritional values, and self-care tactics, Lindsey empowers her clients to take control of their health and wellness long after their work together!
- Find Linsey here: https://www.novawholesomehealth.com/
- Get essential oil info here: https://www.novawholesomehealth.com/essential-oils/
- Cheat sheet on essential oils and emotional eating
- Follow her onInstagram: https://www.instagram.com/lindsey_g_yogi/
- Plan Simple Meals: Lead by Example with Christie Kennedy Manuel
- Plan Simple Meals: The Importance of Keeping It Fun with Dai Manuel
- Plan Simple Meals: Making and Oils with Jessica Hennessey
- Plan Simple Meals: Our Skin with Rachael Pontillo
- Plan Simple Meals: The Nourished Momma with Carrie Anne Killeen
Doable Changes from this episode:
- DRINK WATER. Lindsey says that making sure she is hydrated all day and the day before a party helps her avoid emotional eating. Hydrated means drinking enough water or lemon water, not a lot of juice or soda. In my family, we fill up vessels in the morning that we can drink throughout the day at home or on the go to make sure we drink enough. Lindsey suggests making a game of seeing how many cups of water you need to drink to have light yellow urine.
- SAY NO. It’s OK to say no to another event or to something that adds stress to your life. It’s OK to say no to to another glass of wine or the hosts specialty. Saying no can be hard, but it can also be a form of self-care. Lindsey suggests making this a doable change by not saying No to everything. For, example, choose between the bar and the dessert table. She also suggests asking yourself, “Do I want this?” not in a judgy way, but in a curious way. Use your answer to help guide what you say no to.
- TRY ESSENTIAL OILS. Essential oils can help calm us or energize us. And they can help us regulate emotional eating. Lindsey really broke down different kinds of emotional eating to help you choose appropriate oils for your situation. First step, get her cheat sheet. Then decide what your biggest emotional eating reason is and chose an oil to try.
REALLY getting healthy as a family can be a big lifestyle change. But no matter how insurmountable it may feel, focusing on one doable change at a time can help you take small steps toward your big goal.
A healthy lifestyle is really made of lots of little things that when repeated regularly and added together over time make a huge impact on your life.
Choose one Doable Change every Sunday night — one thing that you are willing to play with for the week. The key is to keep it doable and fun! Write that thing on a sticky note or your phone so you remember it. Then put 3 things on your calendar that support it.
Choose from the changes above or download a list of 101 Doable Changes we made for you.
Join the Conversation
Listen & Read
We create shownotes for every episode, so you can easily skim content, get the resources, and download free printables.
Rate & Review
I try not to ask for much… but the more reviews we have, the more women can find us on iTunes. We have big goals of reaching one millions moms!!!! And we may even read your review on air…