It is no secret that I LOVE smoothies!
Here is the deal. I do not love to cook by nature. I have figured out how to find joy in the kitchen because I love to feel good, and I discovered that what I eat can make me feel great or pretty bad. The think about smoothies is they are a fast and yummy way to get my fruits and veggies, super foods, and hydration.
I use smoothies to start the day off well, during the 3pm slump instead of coffee or a cookie, and before going out.
Because the food is blended, I feel it differently, and it is so much easier to digest!
Smoothies are a great tool for a family trying to live a healthy and vibrant life. I want to make sure you have the resources you need to make this change in your life.
In order to make this a lifestyle change, my suggestion is just to focus on this one thing for a week. Commit to a smoothie lifestyle, plan for it, prep for it, and have fun fitting smoothies into you days in different ways.
At the end of a week, you will have some new smoothie practices, and hopefully feel great!
Here are some things you might consider:
- Look up some great recipes. There are recipes in the FREE SMOOTHIE PLANNING PACKET, and our friends at Simple Green Smoothies have some great ideas.
- Designate a day of the week where smoothies will be the family snack.
- Designate a day of the week where you will send a smoothie to school.
- Create your own morning green smoothie practice.
- Build your pantry with smoothie ingredients.
- Build your freezer with smoothie ingredients.
- Find a friend and swop smoothies throughout the week. Accountability is a great thing when trying to create a new habit!
- Buy straws, to-go cups, ball jars or thermoses to make drinking smoothies more portable or fun.
- Find a protein powder you love. Remember to make sure it is whole food vs. isolated protein. I love Juice Plus Complete.
- Get a high-speed blender. Here is a link for a refurbished 5200 with free shipping… which is what I recommend.
- Don’t have the funds for a high-speed blender? Create a Vitamix plan. Can you set money aside each month? Is there someone (or a group of people) who always get you gifts you don’t use… can they help?
Come share what you create and ask Qs on Instagram! Use the hashtag #plansimplemeals so we can see you, or just come join the smoothie conversation wherever you see a smoothie image!
Here are the links I shared in this episode…
Join the Conversation
Listen & Read
We create shownotes for every episode, so you can easily skim content, get the resources, and download free printables.
Rate & Review
I try not to ask for much… but the more reviews we have, the more women can find us on iTunes. We have big goals of reaching one millions moms!!!! And we may even read your review on air…