Fruits and veggies are so important to our thriving health! I sometimes talk about what we could take out, but adding the 10 servings of suggested fruits and veggies a day is huge!!!!
- Eating more fruits and vegetables reduces inflammation thus reducing your risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and some forms of cancer.
- The fiber in fruits and vegetables may help to lower blood cholesterol levels.
- Eating more fruits and vegetables may help reduce your chance of Type 2 diabetes.
- Foods that are rich in potassium like oranges and bananas may help you maintain a healthy blood pressure.
- Almost all fruits and many vegetables are low in fat, calories and sodium.
- Fruits and vegetables are naturally cholesterol free.
- Eating whole fruits and vegetables adds fiber to your diet. Fiber fills you up, causing you to naturally make better food choices.
- Woman of childbearing age or in their first trimester of pregnancy need folate (folic acid), a nutrient that is found in fruits and vegetables. Folate reduces the risk of birth defects during your baby’s development.
Ten ways to eat more fruits and vegetables
- Have a salad every day for lunch & pack it in a jar for easy transport
- Place veggie sticks on your kitchen table: carrots, celery, cucumbers, red peppers
- Start the day with a green smoothie
- Add veggies to non-veggie dishes – spinach in meatballs, radishes in tunafish, carrots and cauliflower in lentils
- Bridge the gap with Juice Plus (Contact the person you know who sells juice plus, or email Mia and talk with her, email@example.com)
- Have fresh fruit for your afternoon snack
- Start with plants when planning your meals — then fill in the rest
- Top your toast with Avocado, tomatoes, or banana and almond butter
- Make ice cream out of frozen berries
- Keep your fruit bowl filled and on an organized counter
Join the Conversation
Listen & Read
We create shownotes for every episode, so you can easily skim content, get the resources, and download free printables.
Rate & Review
I try not to ask for much… but the more reviews we have, the more women can find us on iTunes. We have big goals of reaching one millions moms!!!! And we may even read your review on air…