- Patty Lennon
On this episode of the Plan Simple Meals Podcast, I’m unbelievably excited to talk with Patty Lennon, an intuitive entrepreneur coach for women and mom of a 10-year-old and a 12-year-old.
Patty went from overweight, overwhelmed corporate job mom to a lifestyle she loves. She’s very open about it not being easy, but by listening to the little voice inside her, she found what was right and what worked for her. And she talks about learning to cut back on work and re-prioritize health, despite fears of what it would do to her business.
One of the things we talk about is finding time and making space in our lives. Patty points out that we don’t have to do things just because we see the need. Try asking yourself this question: “Will that thing that you’re about to agree to do… will it leave you more filled up when you’re done?” If the answer is yes, say yes. If not, pass.
We talk about:
- not letting other people’s agenda take over your day
- giving up roles that don’t serve you to make space for parts of you that are unrealized
- learning to trust your calendar and releasing things that don’t get done
- decluttering your to-do list
- having only 3 priorities a day—and how once things become habits they don’t have to be priorities
- knowing what you will do with your time when you make more space
Patty Lennon is an intuitive entrepreneur coach for women. Her mission is to ensure purpose-driven entrepreneurs know how to grow their business in a way that feels in alignment with their soul. She is the mom to two kids.
Doable Changes from this episode:
- PRESERVE YOUR OWN AGENDA. When you feel the need to respond to every email, text, Facebook message or request, you are letting other people’s agenda rule your day. Choose two times during the day to check and respond to email. If finding an answer or completing a task gets in the way of your agenda, say no or assign it to a later time.
- DECLUTTER YOUR TO-DO LIST. We talk a lot about doing a braindump to get things out of our heads and onto paper so we can stop worrying about it. Now, take it a step further. Do the braindump, then literally cross of things that don’t have to happen now (or ever). Cross off things that are on somebody else’s agenda but don’t serve you.
- CHOOSE 3 PRIORITIES FOR THE DAY. While you may feel like you can’t narrow it down to three, do it for a week and see what happens. (You may need to declutter your to-do list first). Any more than 3 things, and you can’t call them priorities. So, what three things need to happen today? Schedule those, and schedule a break for yourself.
REALLY getting healthy as a family can be a big lifestyle change. But no matter how insurmountable it may feel, focusing on one doable change at a time can help you take small steps toward your big goal.
A healthy lifestyle is really made of lots of little things that when repeated regularly and added together over time make a huge impact on your life.
Choose one Doable Change every Sunday night — one thing that you are willing to play with for the week. The key is to keep it doable and fun! Write that thing on a sticky note or your phone so you remember it. Then put 3 things on your calendar that support it.
Choose from the changes above or download a list of 101 Doable Changes we made for you.
If you are as psyched as I am to grow veggies on a patio this summer and indoors all winter, you are going to want to check this out! I have watched friends have these for years, and am so excited to have my own! (Psssst… There are amazing curriculums that have been created by the company, to make these a no brainer for schools too!) Read more here, or contact, email@example.com to learn more, and set up a free 20 minute phone Q and A.