On this episode of the Plan Simple Meals Podcast, I’m super excited to talk with Jenny Fenig, a coach, author, and spiritual brand strategist with three kids. And she talks about a lot of things that I’m super passionate about right now.
One of the things we talk about is different seasons of our lives—and the actual seasons of the year. Jenny talks about embracing the energy of the different seasons, which I think is so important for ourselves and our families.
And we talk about choosing things we can get excited by. We don’t have time to waste, so what we choose to do needs to matter to us. It’s so easy to put up with things, but there is another way. We dig into that.
We talk about:
- how things change in parenting and the need to adapt to the changes
- strategic planning and tasking out big projects (and using Asana as a tool)
- getting fired up and having a mission
- having support in your family and from outside
- finding quiet and communicating your needs
- getting a lot done even if you don’t have a lot of time
Jenny Fenig is a passionate woman, wife, mom, yogi, adventurer, and award-winning entrepreneur. After spending a decade climbing the corporate ladder as a communications executive and event producer in New York City, Jenny burned out and quit her high-pressure, six-figure job to become a yoga teacher and figure out how she could rebuild her life from the ground up with freedom and faith as her foundation.
The corporate refugee discovered the fields of coaching and online business and immediately knew she found her soul’s calling. Jenny guides entrepreneurs to be smart, soulful marketers with rock-solid systems to reach more, make more and play more. She lives in the beautiful Berkshires of Massachusetts with her husband and three children. Find out more at www.jennyfenig.com
- Jenny’s schedule template & tips
- Facebook @JennyFenig
- Get Gutsy: A Sacred, Fearless Guide for Finding Your Soul’s Calling and Living Your Dream.
- The Surrender Experience
- Structure Precedes Evolution with Cate Stillman
Doable Changes from this episode:
- START THE DAY WITH LEMON WATER. Try starting your day with warm lemon water. Just heat water and pour over a quarter lemon in a glass. This is a great way to start the day in summer or winter.
- MOVE YOUR BODY. There are a lot of ways to move your body and finding one (or several) that works for you is important. Don’t think you have to have an hour free to go to the gym. Try taking a walk with your kids just to get moving. It’s good for you and for them too!
- FIND QUIET TIME. Quiet time is really important, but it can be hard to get with kids. Try going for a walk or taking a shower. And ask for it. Ask your partner to take the kids on errands or stay home with them so you can get in a quiet walk.
REALLY getting healthy as a family can be a big lifestyle change. But no matter how insurmountable it may feel, focusing on one doable change at a time can help you take small steps toward your big goal.
A healthy lifestyle is really made of lots of little things that when repeated regularly and added together over time make a huge impact on your life.
Choose one Doable Change every Sunday night — one thing that you are willing to play with for the week. The key is to keep it doable and fun! Write that thing on a sticky note or your phone so you remember it. Then put 3 things on your calendar that support it.
Choose from the changes above or download a list of 101 Doable Changes we made for you.