Pudding is another loved snack in our household, and a clever way to transform something that’s ordinarily unhealthy. I was not a fan of jellow or tapioca, but this pudding has the perfect amount of crunch for me!
We top it with fruit, or mix it with cacoa to make it chocolate. I have to make a ton when we make it because it goes fast! I pack it in old jam jars and send it to school!
Some of the many benefits of chia:
- a massive amount of nutrients with few calories
- loaded with antioxidants
- almost all the carbs in them are fiber
- a high quality protein
- high in Omega 3 fatty acids
- (See a full article here)
¼ cup chia seeds
1 cup cashews, soaked
3 cups water
4 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1. Mix everything but the chia seeds in your blender.
2. Put chia in a 4-cup Ball jar.
3. Pour in the liquid.
4. Seal jar and shake until chia is not sticking to sides.
Ready to eat after 2 hours, and keeps well for a few days in the refrigerator.