Before you read on, I want to be clear that this site is for moms who want more than a diet. Diets may work when we are younger to get us into our wedding gown or to feel better in our bikinis, but they are not a long term solution. They just don’t work so well after a certain age and I also don’t think any mom should be regularly using that word around kids, especially if they have daughters!!!
But if what you want is an amazing life with all the energy you need to get through your long days, the mental clarity to keep track of your full schedule and an overall sense of feeling great in your body, this is the right place for you. And I’m excited to help you create that life!
So if you’re still reading my bet is you’re willing to give up the word diet and go for something bigger, something more lifestyle oriented that works with your life as a mom rather than against it. Because as moms it’s hard to put ourselves first — the idea that (movie star name) gets her body back in 16 weeks makes you cringe because to you that means she is not giving her babe the love she needs.
You are an amazing mom. You do not need to prove that to us. But I promise there will be a moment that you break if you are not taking care of your body, mind and soul.
So if I were you, and it was 7 years ago, this is where I would start.
- Do our 10 Days of Doable Changes for You (totally Free). This will get you implementing some key food changes/ habits that will start to shift your body in more ways than you can imagine. You will learn about great smoothies, building salads, committing to exercise and so much more… Want a quick thing to get you started? Drink 8 glasses of water today — so simple yet so powerful!
- Some of us forget to keep learning once we become parents, and developing ourselves as a person is huge when it comes to finding the body that will serve us. If you’re in a state of overwhelm with parenting and managing a home, I love Simplicity Parenting by Kim John Payne and the Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo. If you are feeling like you have no creative outlets, read Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert then The Artist’s Way for Parents by Julia Cameron. If you feel like you just don’t have time to read then get audio books. I know you drive and wait a lot if your kids are older, and walk a lot if you have a babe. Podcasts are also a great tool: You can tune into ours here, and I also love the Mama Truth Show and the Marvelous Moms Club.
- Find a way to nurture your soul: Meditation (just 5 minutes a day), writing, yoga, nature walks. There are so many ways and if you commit to something small in this area you will see big changes!
Your story is so important to me!
And I want you to know that I really get where you are. Take a few minutes to read my story because it all started with a time I was pretty sad, had three beautiful young children, and set out to lose 65 pounds. I did it in a surprising way and so can you! Here is my story »
If you are trying to let go of extra weight here are some food and body focused practices I love…
- Start each day with a green smoothie. This practice literally gets you started on the right foot and will make you feel amazing as you start your day. I mostly do the Tropical Green Smoothie myself, but also love a Green Lemonade and Grapefruit and Greens.
- Enjoy a salad everyday for lunch. Get really good at making salads; it is a practice that will serve you. Make a jar of Simple Dressing every Sunday and get good at making a quick Blender Dressing. Experiment with different greens and focus on getting a variety of crunchy veggies and fruit in your Salad everyday. Here is our favorite formula.
- Move your body for 30 minutes a day. Have fun. Change it up. If you always do the same walk, go somewhere new or invite a friend. If you always go to yoga, try Zumba. If you always do the same machine at the gym, try a class. If you can’t imagine leaving your kids to exercise, start by doing plank or hooping at home.