Courtney is a Certified Personal Trainer and Corrective Exercise Specialist, with 14 years experience in the field of fitness, nutrition, and injury prevention/treatment. She has been working exclusively with pre- and postnatal women for the last 7 years, which has allowed her the opportunity to see how seldom women in this country get the sort of support and information they need to truly re-integrate their core, nervous system, and biomechanical performance after childbirth.
What we chat about in the episode:
- Courtney shares her journey as a professional dancer and pilates instructor, but was noticing that lots of the women she worked with were dealing with lots of back pain.
- Her story about of being a mom of two little kids and feeling lots of back pain herself, so she hit the books and started to figure out what could help her.
- She talks about developing strength across the back line of the body — planks instead of sit-up and a focus on glutes and mid-back as some simple starting points.
- Some of the mistakes we make when thinking about our pelvic floor muscles.
- They talk about strength and more aerobic exercise.